Saturday, May 06, 2006

Luray, VA, I'm on my way...

It's 8:45, Saturday morning and I'm about to leave on a 3 day motorbike trip with my pops. 30 W through southeast PA to Gettysburg, where we'll drive around the civil war battlefields and have lunch. Then 15 S to Frederick MD and on to 340 S/W. We maybe will take a break in Harper's Ferry National Park, then we drive to Front Royal, the top of Shenandoah National Park, where we'll pick up Skyline Drive and go about 1/3 the way to Luray. It should be a great long ride, I'll post picks when I return, and maybe on the way. I hope I keep the paint up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that area... beautiful rolling countryside and lush forest. Here's a couple of my photo collections:

Hiking Shenandoah 1991 (Outward bound type trip)
http://www.talkingtree.com/gallery/USA/Virginia/Shenandoah/ProjectMarj/index.cfm

Luray Caverns and more Shenandoah 2003
http://www.talkingtree.com/gallery/USA/Virginia/Luray/index.cfm

8:33 AM  
Blogger Chris Scott said...

We rode right by Luray Caverns, and I asked my dad if he'd ever been there. But it was starting to rain, and we had 8 hours of riding ahead of us, so that'll have to wait for the next time. Very beautiful down there!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home