Thursday, April 06, 2006

40 things about myself…

Last night my wife got this meme from a friend in Brooklyn. I thought it was a pretty cool way to know some things about your friends that you may not know. So today I hit up Sean’s blog and what do you know? He’s posted it there! So here goes my entry:

Four jobs I have had in my life:
  1. Retail Expert - One of a thousand monkeys
  2. Sealworks - Senior Software Developer
  3. Urban Folk Art - After college I was a struggling artist in NYC for a while, UFA was an art collective and t-shirt company my fiends and I started
  4. Krabloonik - Shoveling dog poop, really. Worked for a summer taking care of sled dogs, and yeah they pulled sleds.
Four movies I watch over and over:
  1. Blade Runner - Probably my all time favorite movie. I've seen it thousands of times
  2. Das Boot
  3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
  4. 2,000 Maniacs - Although I haven't seen it in a long time, my friends and I used to watch it religiously
Four places I have lived:
  1. Philadelphia, PA
  2. Brooklyn, NY
  3. Providence, RI
  4. Snowmass Village, CO
Four TV shows I love to watch:

OK, so this is tough. I really love tv, but I absolutely hate almost everything on tv right now. I for years believed that tv was a super important artistic device, one that MUST be monitored, at all times. Unfortunately, reality tv has completely destroyed it. So, my 2 cents aside, here's a few:
  1. Simpsons - What's wrong with me! I forgot to put the Simpsons!!!!
  2. Cheers - Man, I watched that show every day for years, and I still catch it time to time. I've had dreams I was hanging out in that bar!
  3. Coupling - Not on anymore, but still, funny as hell.
  4. How it's made - I don't know, it's fun to watch with a 5 year old
  5. C.S.I (I also watched Law & Order for years)
* Side note, I watched every variant of Star Trek...

Four places I have been on vacation:
  1. Czech Republic (Prague and all over Moravia)
  2. Salzburg, Austria (Vienna as well)
  3. Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  4. San Fransico, CA
Four websites I visit daily:
  1. An Architect's View
  2. clearsoftware.net
  3. MXNA - Shortcut to everywhere else I suppose
  4. www.macromedia.com - I'm all over flex right now
Four of my favorite foods:
  1. Pork Chops
  2. Cheese, all cheese
  3. Svickova Na Smetane - Czech goodness
  4. Almost everything my mother in law cooks
Four foods I dislike:

Four? Man, I really like almost all food, but wait, there is..
  1. Beets - AHHHHHHH, run!
  2. Tuna fish salad
  3. Chicken salad
I like tuna, I like chicken, I guess I don't like mayonnaise!

Four places I would rather be right now:
  1. Czech Republic
  2. Barcelona (forgot to put that on the vacation list)
Ahh, I can't get four, I like where I live, and my job is doing well right now
Four friends who I have tagged to do this! Like Sean, I will just post this, do what you will!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snowmass Village? I work for the company (and I'm the lead dev) that does www.aspensnowmass.com. :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Scott said...

Cool Ray! Nice site. My grandparents moved out there in the 70s, so I grew up skiing there. Kind of lucky, huh? Lived there for a summer during college as well

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another beet-hater - good to know!

Your TV comments remind me that I forgot Mythbusters on my list... kind of the odd one out... I love those guys and they're local (to me).

2:04 PM  
Blogger Chris Scott said...

Ahh yes, I am watching Mythbusters less frequently, probably because of over saturation on the learning channel, but a good show none the less.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home